On (another) rainy morning this week I decided to attempt to bake some sugar free biscuits with Chunk. To be clear there are natural sugars from the fruits used, but no processed sugar which is the very nasty kind of sugar.
I researched a few biscuit recipes online and tailored them to what I thought Chunk and I would enjoy. These were quick, easy and very tasty!
Chunk enjoyed stirring the ingredients and then using rolling the dough out before using various cookie cutters to make two trays of biscuits.
We took them to Nanny's house and even kept a couple back for Daddy and everyone really enjoyed them!
These are most definitely being added to my recipe book and rainy day activity box, but I need to make less next time so there are less to add to my hips and gut!
Sugar Free Biscuit Recipe
3 tablespoons of Honey
2 Egg Yolks
250g Self Raising Flour
Handful of Mixed Fruit
Splash of milk if dough is too dry
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays.
- Melt the honey and margarine and then leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and then stir into the mixture.
- Add the flour and stir until it forms a dough. Add a little milk if it's too dry or add more flour if it's too wet.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to the thickness you want.
- Use cookie cutters to make biscuits and keep re-rolling the offcuts together until none is left.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Hey presto!
Follow me on Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook.